Friday, March 26, 2010

Breakfast Ultra Combo

Here's an oldie that I made a while ago.  I always skip breakfast because I'd rather have those last precious minutes of sleep before I absolutely have to leave for class than eat.   So I had the idea of stocking my fridge with items in order to whip up a quick breakfast sandwich in the morning.  I cooked up a bunch of fresh breakfast sausage and froze them, froze some bacon, and froze a box of english muffins.  Eggs only take a few minutes to scramble up and I always have cheese in the refridgerator.  With all this stuff I was hoping to be cooking and done in about 15-20 minutes: stick bacon in toaster oven, english muffin in toaster, eggs in pan, microwave sausage, assemble and top with cheese.  At least that's what the vision I had in my head was, I never actually attempted making it it in the middle of the week.  Here's one sandwich I made during one weekend.  Unwieldy but still good. 

No comments: