Monday, March 29, 2010

Red Lobster Redux

I didn't eat anything all day and I was starving by the time I got out of class at 4:30, so I went out to eat.  I decided to go to Red Lobster for the first time without having the all you can eat shrimp.  I was thinking of getting just something small, I was hoping they had some kind of soup and sandwich deal because I was curious about their clam chowder.  I don't think I've had it there and I consider mysellf a connoisseur of them.  The menu at Red Lobster is pretty limited.  I guess I could've ordered an appetizer.  It looked like they started selling their lobster nachos again.  There's a little symbol that says "New" above it about I think they just brought it out of retirement.  I would've gotten but I didn't want to fill up my bad food quota so early in the week. 
Anyway, I just ordered off their daily fresh fish menu.  I think Anthony Bourdain said to not eat fish on Monday because restaurants get their fish on Thursdays for the weekend so the restaurant is basically trying to get rid of it on Monday.  Not sure if that counts for a place like Red Lobster where who knows where they get their fish but whatever.  Man, eating fish is an expensive proposition.  I always though Red Lobster was like the Sizzler or Olive Garden of seafood, like it was a running joke that the food was mass produced and thus cheap.  But it's about 15 bucks for a half portion of red snapper.  Yeah a half portion is what a normal sized portion should be, the size of a deck of cards, but still disappointing for some reason.  I guess I'm too used to eating all you can eat shrimp there for about the same price.  The fish was decent enough.  I got it grilled but it might be better broiled because it was a little dry.

No comments: