Monday, March 22, 2010

Food, food, everywhere, nor any morsel to eat

Yeah, no cooking really still.  I did spend like $40 bucks on bunch of vegetables to make myself one my mounds of salads but haven't gotten to prepping the veggies and stuff.  I went out to get some fish or seafood but I have no idea where to get that at like 8:30 at night.  There's plenty of fast food joints and Mexican places around here but I think the only place I know of on the top of my head around here is Red Lobster.  I might have to check that place out again and see what kind of healthy stuff they have because I associate that place with fried shrimp, shrimp scampi, and cheese biscuits. 

I drove around Stockton looking for a healthy place to eat at and got to see some of the seemingly scarier parts.  Like I've never seen a lot of these stores (like Rite Aid) with iron bars and gates in front before.  I ended up going to Burger King hoping they'd have entree salad but I didn't see it.  I think Burger King probably has the most convoluted menu out of all the fast food joints.  Anyway, I got the side salad which was probably the most depressing salad I have ever seen.  Just iceburg lettuce, a few slices of tomato, and some cheese.  Carrots are usually standard on these types of things but that's a bit too fancy for the King.  I also got a Whopper Jr. when I really shouldn't have.  I have no willpower.  BK has a veggie burger, which was news to me.  I've had a veggie burger before but didn't pay much attention to it, so I'll have to try it again. 

No comments: