Sunday, March 28, 2010

Girls who can tenderize my meat: Camille Becerra

Here's a chef that I was in love with that was on Top Chef season 3 for a few episodes.  I thought she was absolutely cute but the sad thing was that she barely had any talking head interviews or even have her dishes show up in the competition.  She wasn't the token eye candy on the show (I believe that role was taken up by Casey Thompson that season), the token villain/pain the ass person, or token punk rocker so I guess Bravo didn't have a reason to show her.  And believe me, I went through and rewatched each of the 4 episodes that she was in before she got eliminated plenty of times.  But at least she's cute enough to show up in random modeling pictures with her doing random stuff with food, yaaah!  I remember there's a great picture of her chopping up some beef sort of sexily, which gives a guy foodie like me a hard on, but I can't remember where I saved it.  Oh well. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yah..she's cool.
but what is she making? asparagus, celery and persimmons? wtf.

bittman had a good recipe on his blog recently. maybe you saw it? chorizo + chickpeas+ spinach + sherry. made it for dinner. do it. link below



http://bitten.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/24/pan-fried-chickpeas/

happygula said...

Sounds like an interesting combo. I think the chickpea is my least favorite legume if it's not in hummus. I put like 2 or 3 on my salad whenever I got to Souplantation. I guess I should try them cooked. I'll like into it sometime.