Friday, March 26, 2010

Eggplant dip

Here's the first thing I've actually cooked in quite a while.  There's a supermarket chain called S-mart, which has pretty lousy prices and there isn't a great deli, bakery, meat department, or anything inside so I don't go there too often.  Sometimes I go in if I don't feel like battling the crowds at WinCo for one item or to use the BofA atm inside.  The one great thing about S-mart though is that they have a little cart full of discounted veggies and fruits that are somewhat beyond ripe.  I bought 4 avocados once for 69 cents, it was the greatest thing ever.  Yeah they were a little brown on the inside but it was still tasty.
Anyway, I saw some eggplant going for sale, but I don't cook with it very often and don't run across it at restaurants too often.  The only idea that I could think of was making baba ganoush, so I grabbed one, roasted it with some garlic and blended with some tahini I bought a few days later (8 bucks a bottle!), lemon, and parsley.  Toasted up some whole wheat pita chips and everything good to go.

No comments: