Sunday, February 7, 2010

Chicken sausage sandwich a la Martha Stewart

I saw this recipe for chicken sausage sandwiches with just peppers and onions in Everyday Food magazine. This is one of these Reader's Digest sized magazines I randomly browse in the checkout line for quick ideas. It's a pretty nifty magazine, has a bunch of easy recipes. This is barely a recipe, but hey, if it's good enough for Martha Stewart to publish it's good enough for me. You basically just take some chicken sausage, saute up some peppers and onions, toast a bun, slather some mustard, and pile everything on.

I was a bit disappointed in what I made. For some reason I did get a little stomachache after eating this, so maybe the sausage was weird. I never tried this sausage or heard of this company before but I gave it a shot since it was made in Lodi, which is the neighboring city like 10 minutes north of where I'm at. Figured, local = bueno. Meh. I'll just get some Aidells sausages next time. And make sure you get some good bread. My philosophy on these things is that you have to be able to eat the bread by itself and this telera roll was super chewy and bland.

No comments: