Sunday, February 14, 2010

Oven "fried" pizza

Tried my hand at making pizza from scratch again this week. As per my usual M.O. I Google recipes and try to find recipes from reliable sources that seems easy enough to do. Saw this thing for oven "fried" pizza on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqvr8F57pUg. It sort of has the same technique as making a grilled pizza, though of course on the stove. You put the dough in a hot pan on the stove, flip, put on toppings, and stick into oven to finish. I'm not sure if I'm not working the dough enough or stretching it out well enough but it doesn't seem to have a good texture. I used this white wheat dough from Trader Joe's, I was hoping it would have the same taste as regular flour, yet healthier but it's mostly like wheat flour so the flavor and texture are completely off. Oh well. I might just have to stick with making French bread pizza.

No comments: