Friday, February 19, 2010

Chocolate panna cotta

I was watching "Worst Cooks in America" on Food Network and one of the contestants made a panna cotta in the final meal she cooked. I've seen other people cook panna cotta but I figured if that was the dessert they cooked in the meal that won them $25,000, I should try it out. I haven't had panna cotta before. I'm not sure why I don't see in restaurants more often, I'm sure I would've tried it if I ran across it by now. From the looks of the ingredients it looks like an Italian version of pudding. I wasn't sure on the ratio of gelatin to liquid and other ingredients. Hell, I wasn't even sure how much gelatin was in each packet in the box I bought so I probably put too much into 1 serving.  I ended up making some flavorless thick ass cement that I had a few bites of and threw away.

No comments: