Friday, February 5, 2010

The pulled pork experiment

I had some leftover beer that I can't quite finish, so decided I should cook or marinate something with it. I was thinking of making some breakfast sausage with beer marinated ground pork but got side tracked when I saw some already made raw breakfast sausage that looked ok. Then I saw this piece of meat that I've never seen before called a pork cushion tri-tip and ideas of dishes started floating in my tiny brain. First I started thinking of making over roasted pulled pork sandwiches. Then I can use the leftover pulled pork for a small batch of chili maybe. Got home and brought out all my leftovers out of the fridge and dumped it into a bowl. I mean, I have no idea what to do with parley stems but figured they might be a good flavoring agent.
I have Tom Colicchio's 'Wichcraft book. I've been to the one at the MGM hotel in Vegas a couple times and it's pretty good, though maybe my love of the name of the place and the overall concept of fancy sandwiches is blinding me. Anyway, the recipe in the book looks easy enough. There some interesting ingredients, cloves, anise and caraway seeds. I have no idea what caraway is.


No comments: